As a member, some of the many benefits you will enjoy include:
- Social functions – members to meet socially at dinner events, Listerian Oration and the Annual General Meeting.
- Representation on the Regional Medical Advisory Committee
- Physician Support Programme
- Find information such as: patient records, retired physicians or new physicians taking new patients.
- Advertise in the VMS and MSA newsletter (office space for sale, cabin for rent)
The VMS and the Medical Staff Association have been officially associated since 2003. There are three distinct member groups. When Medical Staff accept privileges from Island Health to practice at RJH/VGH, they also agree to join the Medical Staff Association and the Victoria Medical Society, for which annual dues are collected jointly based on privilege:
- Honourary Members: Those members who have retired and have been recognized by the VMS as outstanding members.
- Associate Members: Physicians who have retired.
- Medical Staff Members: Practicing physicians who work in Greater Victoria and surrounding areas. Membership fees are collected jointly with the SI Medical Staff Association.
Membership fees are collected jointly with the SI Medical Staff Association.